By their power of attraction, the seven vices or deadly sins are as it were, the sources from which almost all other sins spring. Lust is undoubtedly the most common and overwhelming of these deadly sins, particularly in our hyper-sexualized society.
Mr. Luxuria (Lust) goes to Mass
Hence, by adopting ‘Luxuria” (‘Lust’ in Latin) as his stage name, a man proclaims himself the defender of this vice and all other related sins. This becomes even more serious when he is an activist of the homosexual movement, dresses as a woman (having deformed his body to take on a feminine appearance), and is a Communist.
Such an individual is a living denial of Catholic morality.
Therefore, the least you can expect is for that person not to approach the altar to receive Holy Communion, if attending Mass. But if that should happen, since he is a very well known person in this era of “celebrities,” we should expect the celebrant to deny him the Body and Blood of Christ, as his situation objectively contradicts morality and Catholic doctrine.
And receives communion from the hands of a Cardinal
Now then, adding to the scandal of the faithful, Mr. Luxuria goes and receives Communion not just from a simple priest, but from the Cardinal Archbishop of Genoa, President of the Italian Bishops Conference. Luxuria never changed one iota in his moral and ideological stance, and was dressed in feminine attire.
The event took place on May 25, at the Carmel Church in Genoa, during the funeral Mass for Father Andrea Gallo, officiated by Cardinal Angelo Bagnasco. After giving Holy Communion to Mr. Wladimiro Guadagno, alias Vladimir Luxuria, the same prelate gave Communion to another transvestite, ‘Regina’ Satariano a “transgender” activist.1
Funeral Mass for scandalous priest
But what was the Cardinal Archbishop of Genoa and president of the Italian Bishops Conference doing at a funeral Mass for a priest whose life was a continuous struggle against Catholic doctrine and morals?
Let us see who this Father Andrea Gallo was, the “angelically anarchic” “communist priest” as Milan’s daily Corriere della Sera called him.2 He read Marx more than the Gospels3, helped prostitutes procure abortions4, defended the practice of homosexuality even for priests, called for an end to priestly celibacy, wanted the election of a homosexual Pope and advocated the ordination of women.5 He was also an activist for the legalization of “soft” drugs and was arrested for smoking them in public.6 In 2011 he was named “gay person” of the year by Gay.it.7 In February of this year he publicly defended homosexual “marriage”.8
During the homily, with interruptions by a crowd booing and chanting the hymn of Italian Communist “partiggiani,” Cardinal Bagnasco praised Father Gallo: “His eyes and his heart were turned to those with wounds on their bodies and souls. He was like the Good Samaritan of the Gospel.”9
Another scandal favoring homosexuality
This is yet another scandal that favors the great power of the moment, the international homosexual movement, and, unfortunately, it is added to many other scandals in these sad times in which we live.
Just recently, a homosexual website posted over 20 statements by cardinals, bishops, bishops conferences, etc. somehow favoring the idea that homosexual practice can generate rights, which implies that it is not sinful.10
This position clearly contradicts the natural and divine law, the Scriptures, and the perennial Magisterium of the Church.
The document by the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith titled, Considerations Regarding Proposals to Give Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons, of June 3, 2003 reaffirms that “homosexual acts go against the natural moral law” and “[u]nder no circumstances can they be approved.” “Sacred Scripture condemns homosexual acts ‘as a serious depravity… (cf. Rom 1:24-27; 1 Cor 6:10; 1 Tim 1:10),’ they ‘are intrinsically disordered’.”11
Labor, Pray and Confide
In addition to our indignant protest, and every legal and peaceful effort we can bring to bear to stem this tide of vice and scandal, we must pray that Our Lord Jesus Christ, through the intercession of His Blessed Mother, will shorten these times and finally bring about the glorious era Our Lady promised at Fatima, with the triumph of her Immaculate Heart.
- The the case had international repercussion being circulated by international news agencies as France Press (‘Street priest’ buried in Italy to leftist chanting’, Agence France-Presse, May 25, 2013,). See also Lifesitenews. com: Italian bishops head gives Communion to notorious transsexual at Marxist priest’s funeral, by Hilary White, Rome Correspondent Mon May 27, 2013 19:05 EST, http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/italian-bishops-head-gives-communion-to-notorious-transsexual-at-marxist-pr.
- Genova, in migliaia ai funerali di don Gallo – Fischi a Bagnasco, applausi a Luxuria, http://www.corriere.it/cronache/13_maggio_25/don-gallo-funerali-genova_62366064-c51c-11e2-896c-3db9fdd7e316.shtml, accessed June 1, 2013.
- Don Gallo. Quella anomala e forzata unione tra Il Capitale di Marx e il Vangelo di Cristo, http://www.rischiocalcolato.it/2013/05/don-gallo-quella-anomala-e-forzata-unione-tra-il-capitale-di-marx-e-il-vangelo-di-cristo.html, accessed June 1, 2013.
- ” Ho aiutato le prostitute ad abortire “, http://archiviostorico.corriere.it/1998/novembre/23/aiutato_prostitute_abortire__co_0_9811236626.shtml, accessed June 1, 2013.
- Don Gallo: “Diventassi Papa sì a matrimonio dei preti, sacerdozio delle donne, preservativo e pillola del giorno dopo”, http://www.radio24.ilsole24ore.com/notizie/lazanzara/2013-03-06/gallo-papa-omosessuale-sarebbe-174938.php.
- LUTTO A GENOVA. È morto don Andrea Gallo, «prete di strada per i deboli», http://www.avvenire.it/Chiesa/Pagine/don-andrea-gallo-%C3%A8-morto-a-85-anni-a-genova.aspx#, accessed June 1, 2013.
- Matrimoni tra omosessuali, Don Gallo aderisce alla campagna di Arcigay, http://www.genova24.it/2013/02/matrimoni-tra-omosessuali-don-gallo-aderisce-alla-campagna-di-arcigay-46622/ accessed June 1, 2013.
- ‘Street priest’ buried in Italy to leftist chanting’, Agence France-Presse, May 25, 2013, http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/afp/130525/street-priest-buried-italy-leftist-chanting, accessed June 1, 2013.
- Cf. http://queeringthechurch.com/2013/04/30/vatican-spokesman-accepts-legal-recognition-of-same-sex-unions/, accessed June 1, 2013.
- Document cited, no. 4, at http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_20030731_homosexual-unions_en.html, accessed June 1, 2013.