Satanic rock is bad enough. However, it is much worse when promoted by a Catholic university, which is supposed to teach truth and oppose evil.
The young Catholics of TFP Student Action had to stand against WSOU 89.5 FM radio station of Catholic Seton Hall University. The archdiocesan-owned school’s station is playing explicit satanic rock and blasphemous content against Christianity.
Taking a Stand
TFP Student Action is an outreach project of the American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family and Property (TFP). The national network of Catholic students and concerned parents is committed to defend traditional moral values and work to restore Christian civilization in America.
On April 26, young TFP volunteers, students from the St. Louis de Montfort Academy, and a throng of faithful Catholics stood in prayerful protest and reparation outside the university entrance.
They prayed the rosary, played hymns to Our Lady on the bagpipes, and encouraged students to defend moral values.
Many expressed their support. “You are an inspiration to the older generation and hopefully a courageous witness to the next,” said one lady.
Eternal and Natural Law: The Foundation of Morals and Law
When told about the Satanic radio channel, one man exclaimed, “That is wrong. They should not be doing this.” One lady told the TFP volunteers, “Thank you for making us proud to be a Catholic again.”
However, not all reactions were favorable. Two students from Seton Hall University stood with flimsy cardboard signs that illogically read, “Satan hates metal” and “God loves metal.” A few screamed out “Hail Satan!” while they made the devil horns with their hands.
Later that afternoon, the volunteers went to the offices of the Archdiocese of Newark, where they held another peaceful rally asking His Eminence Joseph Cardinal Tobin to shut down WSOU’s Satanic content.
At both rallies, the honks of support were deafening. As the Catholics peacefully prayed the rosary, a man paced in front of the campaign, making devil horns and hailing the father of lies.
The TFP volunteers delivered online petitions against the station’s programming, which numbered 30,000 signatures. These signatures were given to a Seton Hall University official and Cardinal Tobin’s secretary.
Is Satanic Rock “Family-Friendly?”
Although Satanic rock demonstrates a visceral hatred for God and Christianity, these songs apparently pass the “family-friendly” test for the Catholic campus.
Learn All About the Prophecies of Our Lady of Good Success About Our Times
“All songs on WSOU are screened for content to ensure that lyrics do not undermine the mission and values of Seton Hall University or the Catholic Church,” the radio station explains on its website. “If a band or song isn’t appropriate for WSOU, we don’t play it.”
Some examples of the stations Satanic, blasphemous and anti-Christian titles are:
- WSOU 89.5 radio featured “Blacken the Cursed Sun” from the album titled “Sacrament” by the band blasphemously named “Lamb of God.” The cover of the album features a sacrilegious mockery of the Holy Eucharist.
- WSOU 89.5 radio aired “No Light Shall Save Us” by the band Carnifex. Its lyrics are clearly Satanic: “Blessed are the damned…This hell is home…” The lyrics continue: “We stole the stars from the sky. From the hand of God to death divine. We stole the light from their eyes. Condemning the world to eternal night.”
- “Make America Hate Again” by the band Thy Art is Murder was another title featured on the “Catholic” radio. Lyrics read: “I want blood, I want chaos…More chaos, more chaos, more chaos…”
- WSOU 89.5 radio played a song called “Necromania” by the group Electric Wizard. The title is bad enough, but the macabre piece describes a Satanic ritual murder.
- In 2019 WSOU 89.5 sponsored a concert by GWAR, a hellish rock group that calls humanity a “parasitical disease that must be eradicated.” One of the band’s albums attacks Our Lord directly with a song titled “Let Us Slay,” whose lyrics state: “We have no need for your crippled Christ…We don’t have to hide our genocide…I twist the dagger that’s deep in your guts.”
Satanic Rock Does not Reflect Catholic Values
WSOU 89.5 FM clearly features music in conflict with its mission statement, which claims to “provide students with an experience that incorporates…Catholic values to enhance student life and learning.” It does not reflect “the Catholic mission of Seton Hall University and the Archdiocese of Newark.”
Science Confirms: Angels Took the House of Our Lady of Nazareth to Loreto
“What a disgrace,” said John Ritchie. “You have a Catholic campus running a radio station that broadcasts Satanic music, blasphemy and filth. I really hope Seton Hall wakes up and sees how their radio station is undermining common decency and destroying the culture that fosters order and virtue according to the perennial teachings of Holy Mother Church.”